B Cavello is an aspiring-polymath and activist. They work as an Engagement Leader with IBM Watson, acting as both a technical resource and everyman's "geek translator." B manages the end-to-end client experience, leading key clients and partners through real world collaborative and immersive cognitive computing experiences. In June of 2017, B was recognized as an IBM LGBT 'Out Role Model.'
Outside of Watson, B has been called a "crowdfunding all-star." Their previous work as Product Development and Community Director at Exploding Kittens helped catapult the card game startup to its record breaking 219,382 backer success. As the voice and primary liaison for the nearly $9 million campaign, B cultivated and empowered the huge community inspired by the game. They now consult on a variety of crowdfunding projects.
B's personal projects focus on social good and range from experimental crisis housing materials to computer education and security and even an interactive circuitry book for kids. Follow B on Twitter.
- GoodCrowd.info - "Don’t Even Think About Crowdfunding Without Doing These 3 Things First" 2017
- Kickstarter Tips - "Imaginary Explosions: How Exploding Kittens plays on their community’s laughter" 2016
- Kickstarter - "Three of a Kind: Around the Table(top) with Cards Against Humanity, Exploding Kittens, & Joking Hazard" 2016
- Leadership California Issues & Trends Program - "Technology Changing Lives" 2017
- South Bay Conference on Gender & Video Games - "Designing with Empathy" 2017
- Hackaday "Build Something That Matters" Unconference- "Learning Code without Computers" 2017
- Global Crowdfunding Convention - "Fireside Chat with the Winners: Meet Crowdfunding Rockstars!" 2016
- Gen Con - "Lessons about Community & Kickstarter Learned at Gen Con" 2016