B Cavello is a Program Lead at the Partnership on AI (PAI). They lead projects and activities associated with PAI's Thematic Pillars, working closely with PAI Partner organizations to study and formulate best practices and to advance the public’s understanding of AI.
Previously, B served as Senior Engagement Lead for IBM's AI division, the Watson Group, where they led strategic conversations with world leaders about implementing Artificial Intelligence in the real world. In June of 2017, B was recognized as an IBM LGBT+ 'Out Role Model' for championing diversity and inclusion in and beyond IBM.
Prior to IBM, B was both Product Development and Community Director at Exploding Kittens, a record-breaking crowdfunded card game startup. B also co-led Phenomenon Media 501c3, and arts and education nonprofit, developing an educational tool for teaching code without the need for computers.
B's personal projects focus on social good and range from textile art to computer education and security and even a game to help NASA researchers study climate change. Read B's posts.
- Jubilite 2017, Advisor
- LELO HEX 2016, Advisor
- The Woman Card[s] 2016, Advisor
- Artiphon 2015, Advisor
- Exploding Kittens 2015, Product Development & Community Director
- Carondelet High School 2017, STEM Innovation Advisory Boardmember
- Out in Tech - "Ethically Automated" 2018
- HEC Executive MBA - "Leading Digital Transformation" 2018 closing keynote
- IBM Code San Francisco - "How Will AI Affect Us?" 2018
- Leadership California Issues & Trends Program - "Technology Changing Lives" 2017 closing keynote
- South Bay Conference on Gender & Video Games - "Designing with Empathy" 2017
- Hackaday "Build Something That Matters" Unconference - "Learning Code without Computers" 2017
- Global Crowdfunding Convention - "Fireside Chat with the Winners: Meet Crowdfunding Rockstars!" 2016
- Gen Con - "Lessons about Community & Kickstarter Learned at Gen Con" 2016
- GoodCrowd.info - "Don’t Even Think About Crowdfunding Without Doing These 3 Things First" 2017
- Kickstarter Tips - "Imaginary Explosions: How Exploding Kittens plays on their community’s laughter" 2016
- Kickstarter - "Three of a Kind: Around the Table(top) with Cards Against Humanity, Exploding Kittens, & Joking Hazard" 2016